Thursday, August 30, 2007

8/30

My volunteer coordinator was having trouble getting a hold of the woman in charge at the project I´ll be working at, so we rescheduled visiting the place to next week. I was relieved, I must admit, because I can really use the time to study. Not much new has happened in the past few days. I´ve been getting a good amount of reading done. Right now, I´m reading ¨Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell¨by Suzanne Clark. It´s a really fun British novel about magicians, but it´s over 1000 pages long, so it´s something I´ve been chipping away at over the past year.

A Latina girl moved into the room next to mine and she is incredible loud. With everything she does. Super, super loud. And her boyfriend stayed the night last night. I hope that never happens again. I had to cover up my ears to try to fall asleep. I´ll just let you imagine the details.

Right now, although it may seem like an insignificant thing, I´m going to get some cereal. I rarely eat cereal, but ever since I got here, I´ve been craving really sugary, bad-for-me cereal. It must be a comfort thing. Anyway, Sean had originally scoffed at me for the craving, but then this morning when I told him I was really going to get some, he´s like, ¨Well, get Cap´n Crunch¨. Who´s scoffing now? This morning I had two squares of chocolate and a bread roll that I stuffed with cheese. Somebody really needs to be looking after me in the mornings.

Sean´s at his second day of school. He´s taking so many classes! Human ecology, Galapagos ecology, lizards, birds, useful plants, anthropology of religion and some anatomy class. He´s planning on dropping at least one. He´s even planning on joining the Tae Kwon Do & Fencing clubs. Unbelievable. I´m not sure I´ll ever get to see him this trip! He says his campus is beautiful, though. I´ll be checking it out on Monday, since he has a short day & I won´t be doing anything. I´m kinda excited. Apparently, there´s a Chinese place right around the corner that sells awesome spring rolls. I´d be lying to say that that´s not the real reason I´m going.

No comments: