Tuesday, August 28, 2007

8/28

Recipe: Elvis Waffles
Ingredients:
2 waffles
1 banana
peanut butter
honey

Directions:
Make two waffles, smear peanut butter on them. Drizzle honey over that. Cut up a banana, place it between the two waffles, and fry them together with peanut butter sides facing inward. Viola, Elvis Waffles. (This recipe was brought to you by Krystina and Jessie, but mostly Jessie)


For the past two days I´ve finally began my hardcore studying of Spanish. I think I´ll be okay after a month of studying like this. I had Sean tutoring me last night, and in return he wanted to learn some Japanese. I had been mixing Japanese & Spanish earlier, so I´ve been forcing Japanese out of my head. I´m just trying not to think about it, since when I´m in translation-mode, I often reach for Japanese words first. Anyway, Sean asks me for Japanese and I couldn´t think of anything. I taught him the basic word for ¨me¨ and ¨mine¨, but I couldn´t remember the word for ¨you¨ until I was about to fall asleep hours later. It was really weird.

Two Brits have moved into our hostel. They´re really nice, so it´s nice having them around. They are traveling through South America and have been in Brazil and Columbia so far. They´re stopping here to do volunteer work and Spanish study for a few weeks, then continuing through the continent in an ´S´shaped path. Very cool. Our landlady just keeps getting sweeter, and she keeps giving us discounts. It makes me think she just wants company. I told her we would stay for another 2 weeks, at least, and she said that she would give us a 10% discount. If we stay for a month, it´s a 15% discount, and if our stay is over 2 months, we get a 20% discount. She also told me last night that she gives a 5% discount to students of a particular Spanish school, if I was interested in taking classes there. She gave Sean a hug last night, and she drove the Brits to the grocery store because they didn´t know where it was. I want to adopt her.

As a side note, Jessie and I were questioning which fats are the ¨good¨fats, and she decided that we should update the nutrition facts box to change mono- and poly-unsaturated fats to say ¨mono/polyunsaturated phats¨ so we know that they´re the good ones. Get it? Phat? Those fats are only ¨bad¨if ¨bad¨ means ¨good¨.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Hi Krystina and Sean,
The Elvis waffles sound yummy. Do they have those in equador??
This Blogspot is great! I enjoy signing on everyday to read your journal and look for new pictures. Sounds like you guys are doing ok. Talk to you soon.
Love, Aunt Nancy

Krystina said...

I´ve actually never had an Elvis Waffle. My best friend, Jessie, and I made it up while she was looking for something to eat. This was the last conversation I had with her before I left for Ecuador and I told her I was going to steal the recipe and put it in my blog. They do sound good, though, don´t they?

Thanks for reading my blog! I love it!

jessica said...

breast milk might complament Elvis waffles nicely love you miss you