Monday, September 3, 2007

9/3

Because we weren´t sure of how to get to Otavalo, and because we slept in, Sean and I decided to go to the Teleferico yesterday. The Teleferico is a cable car that rises about 12,000 feet up into the mountains. It gives an amazing view of Quito, and as it turns out, you can hop out at the top and go for a hike. I´m not sure how far the path went, but we walked for quite a distance. Walking up the mountain was exhausting and I had to stop for breath at every new plateau. The view was breathtaking. At some points we were looking down at clouds. This whole venture is an absolute must for anyone who plans on visiting. Running down the mountain was a ton of fun, too. I employed the ¨duck stance¨I learned in martial arts to not get ahead of myself. Sean also employed a martial arts move of a different kind: the dive roll, which is something like a somersault, but one would roll from shoulder to opposite hip as opposed rolling on the spine. Sean biffed while running down a steep hill, he dive rolled and stood up cover in dirt. Well done, SeaniePants.

No comments: