Monday, September 17, 2007

9/17

Well, as soon as I got over the stomach sickness, I acquired the head cold Sean was carrying around with him. I´ve been getting a lot of rest and hopefully it will pass soon. I stayed home from school again today. I thought it´d be better of me to stay home and rest rather than expose the kids to a cold. Last night, our housemate gave Sean and I a very insightful winetasting. He worked in a quirky little wine shop back in Oxford, so he just seemed to know everything about the stuff. After a few sips of each of the wines, my head was pounding and I had to go to sleep. I had a headache to begin with, but I didn´t want to be left out. This weekend was a relaxing one and Sean and I stayed in most of the time, made tons of food, and watched movies. We went to play pool on Friday and Sean lost his voice recorder in the cab. He was so sad! Today we are going to go to get our Censo Card, which will be my ID while I´m here. Anyone staying over 90 days in Ecuador needs to get one. We´re supposed to get it within the first 30 of staying here, which expires soon for us. I think we´ll end up going to the office today, we´ll get an appointment and a list of the things we´ll need. That what my volunteer org told me, at least.

No comments: